Sarat Chandran Award for Tamil Documentaries
Sarat Chandran was a filmmaker, an activist and a wonderful friend from Kerala. He played a key role in starting and conducting Madurai International Documentary and Short Film Festival since 1998. He was a curator with political and cinematic commitment.
We are happy and privileged to constitute an award in Sarat’s name for Tamil documentaries as part of 20th Madurai International Documentary and Short Film Festival 2018.
Rules and regulations:
- - Documentaries about Tamilnadu made within last 24 months are welcome.
- - No restriction on duration
- - No restriction on themes
- - Films should have subtitles in English
- - Entry fee : Rs.500/-
- - A selection committee will short list 10 films for the competition, on 15 October
- - A jury will select the winner during the film festival
- - Sarat Chandran Award will include a citation, trophy and a prize money of Rs.10,000/- (Rs. Ten thousand only)
- - Award will be given on 10th December 2018 at the film festival
- - Last date to send entries: 15 September 2018
- - Filled entry form and MP4 file of the film should be sent to email@example.com
For entry form and other details: