Saturday, December 19, 2020

22nd Madurai Film Festival 2020 : Responses from the Audience Members!


22nd Madurai International Documentary and Short Film Festival 2020 

Responses from the audience!



Madurai Film Festival 

I thoroughly enjoyed being able to get access to all those lovely movies made by creators from different parts of the world. To be able to enjoy a piece of art from another part of the globe from home is a huge blessing if you ask me! 

- Abhirami Bose, MA English, St Joseph's college, Bangalore 

I liked the very subject matter of these documents involving varied human elements. The imageries and emotions shown go beyond a particular community, ethnicity or place. They lead me to silence, solitude and reflection.

- Juje Monteiro, St Joseph's college, Bangalore 

Through the wide range of documentaries and films that I watched, I was able to contemplate on a wide variety of topics. Independent films need spaces like this to flourish and showcase things that don't make it onto mainstream media. 

- Wesley Nativity D'Souza, M.A. English 1, St. Joseph's College, Bangalore 

Watching films and documentaries in The Madurai International Film Festival was indeed a festival. It took me to a quick travel through history, art, fictions and to meet some real life heroes. All at the same platform. I enjoyed it. 

- Roshan Gyan Topno, St Joseph’s College, Bangalore 

The Madhurai International film festival was an extremely enriching experience as I got to explore not only diverse genres but also films and documentaries created in other countries. It gave me a broad perspective and a repertoire of knowledge and understanding of the world.

- Shona Lynn Desilva, M.A English I, St. Joseph's College, Bangalore 

The entire experience was an extremely immersive one, transporting me into another universe. The films unlocked a fresh and unique perspective, a more insightful and inclusive way of understanding. 

– Anushka Phadnis, M.A English, St Joseph’s College, Bangalore 

Getting access to well curated sets of films or documentaries is so rare and Madhurai International Film Festival offered the perfect space for such an exploration. I especially liked the selection of Russian films that brought to screen a part of the world we don't immediately think of and intriguing aspects of art.

- Swathi Rajeevan, I MA English, St. Joseph's College, Bangalore 

Watching those documentaries literally took me back to my filming days. Also the most recent documentaries, released in 2020, made me re think a lot of things. I mostly watched the political and social ones and I loved them, the struggle was real and the people were real the stories were real. 

- Kapil,1 MA English, St. Josephs college, Bangalore 

Compiled and presented by 
Micah K Thambi, Assistant Professor, St.Joseph's College, Bangalore

No comments: