13th Madurai International Documentary & Short Film Festival 2011
Jointly organised by MARUPAKKAM
& Media Research Centre, Department of Philosophy, Madura College, Madurai
7, 8, 9 December 2011; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
1) Competition for Sarat Chandran Memorial Award for south Indian Films
2) Non competition for films from India
3) Non competition for International films
4) Retrospective: Films by Amar Kanwar
5) Country package: films from Switzerland -curated by Paul Lee
6) Under Construction: films distributed by Magic Lantern Foundation, New Delhi
7) Student films from National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad curated by Arun Gupta
Parallel cultural events:
Painting and photography exhibition
Interaction with film makers and writers
1) Sarat Chandran Memorial Award for south Indian short films and documentaries:
· Films dealing with people’s struggles and human rights issues can be sent under this category.
· Films on south India - Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu and Pondicherry -(can be about who ever lives/what ever happens in south India), films about south Indians (whereever they are) and films by south Indians (about anything/anybody, where ever they live) can be sent!
· Short films should be less than 45 minutes; No restriction on duration for documentaries
· First prize: Rs.25,000/- Second prize: Rs.10,000/- (common for short films and documentaries. i.e., no separate prizes for short films and documentaries)
· Entry fee: Rs.500/- to be sent as demand draft in favour of R.Amudhan payable at Madurai.
· Last date to send entries: 1 December2011.
· Check list: filled entry form, demand draft, 2 DVD copies and publicity material in both hard and soft copy formats.
· Final selected list of films will be announced on 5December 2011.
2) Non competition for short films and documentaries from India and International films:
· Short Films and documentaries can be on any theme and any style
· Short films should be less than 45 minutes
· No restriction on duration for documentaries
· No entry fee
· Last date to send entries: 1 November 2011.
· Check list: filled entry form, 2 DVD copies and publicity material in both hard and soft copy formats.
· Final selected list of films will be announced on 1 December 2011.
Entry forms are available at http://www.marupakkamfilms.blogspot.com/
Entries to be sent to: MARUPAKKAM
A 9/4 K.K.Nagar, Madurai 625 020 India. Ph: 86952 79353; 93444 79353